Welcome to the 2020 Application to the Professional Fellows Program for Civic Engagement! Please note that this application is for Singapore candidates only. If this does not apply to you, please visit the main application page and select your country from the list of applications.
Please note that this is one of numerous Professional Fellows programs. You are restricted to applying to one Professional Fellows Program. If it is determined that you have applied to more than one Fellows program during this application period, your application will be deemed ineligible and your name will be removed from consideration.
- English-language capability to be successful in an English-language program for five weeks.
- Clear understanding of civic engagement issues that affect your community.
- Aged 25-35: this program is for emerging leaders, not for students or high-level experts.
- Plan to return to your organization following completion of the program.
- Demonstrate strong leadership qualities and potential in your work.
- Completion of relevant education (preferred but not required).
- Sustainability of the applicant’s organization to benefit from this exchange and to host a U.S. participant.
- Potential commitment to hosting a U.S. participant for 10-21 days. This includes organizing a professional program, a cultural orientation, and working with the local partner and the Mansfield Center to organizing logistics such as lodging and transportation. (All activities are paid for by the program, not by you or your organization.)
- The support of your supervisor and/or organization for both your participation as well as for hosting a U.S. Fellow.
- A commitment to the time investment required to make the program a success.
- A demonstrated interest in working in cross-cultural settings.
- Demonstrated understanding of program objectives.
- Communication of personal goals in line with program objectives.
- Participants chosen from each country as a whole reflect the diversity of that country in terms of its populace, geography, and variety of interests/fields/organizations.
- Demonstrated commitment to strengthening your community.
- Little or no prior study or travel experience in the United States.
- Be willing and able to fully participate in an intensive program, Fellowship position, community service, and travel program in the U.S. for approximately 38 days.
- Be able to make adjustments to cultural and social practices different from those in your country.
- Understand that this is not tourism or a luxury program. This is a busy professional program.
We understand that in some of our partner areas, internet access can be challenging. In case of sudden loss of internet connection, the application periodically automatically saves your progress, so we expect that you should not lose much of your work. You may wish to read this application in full and prepare your essay answers in a different document to then paste into the application after you have finished.
This application will take some time, but you are encouraged to continue! You may find it easiest to work on the application in sections, saving your answers and returning to it as needed to complete and submit.
If you cannot complete the online application, please contact the local partner for a Word document application. The local partner's contact information is below:
Lathika Chandra Mouli, Vertech Capital
Telephone: +65 92364478
All applications must be completed and submitted by midnight, April 1, 2020 in your home country's timezone.